Our blog is back! Over the last couple of weeks, we have been finding our feet with our “new normal”, this has seen some of our staff returning to a newly adapted office environment and those that remain working from home have fine-tuned their home working practices. We feel now is the perfect time to turn our attentions back to providing news and information regarding the day to day business. Throughout the initial stage of COVID-19 there were many unprecedented changes across not only our business, but yours and we made the decision at this time to put a hold on our usual blog updates. This by no means meant that we were not thinking of you and your fleet but, as a vehicle leasing service we did not feel yet another post on how to wash your hands was required in the blog world! Rather, we focused more on quality “need to know” communications to our customers, these came in the form of direct emails to fleet contacts and drivers and were added to the website in a designated Covid-19 Latest Updates from VLS series. You can find a link to those here.
Despite being a little quieter than usual publicly, behind the scenes we have been extremely busy at JCT600 VLS! As well as a focus on navigating the challenges we all faced through the pandemic, we have had lots of customers who have been pretty much “business as usual” who still needed our full support. In addition to this we have been full steam ahead on a number of internal projects and new customer implementations. Over the coming months the JCT600 VLS Latest News page will see some exciting updates on that front, but in the meantime we would like to take the opportunity to quickly run through the steps that have been taken in the office to ensure our staff feel safe (and hopefully happy) to return back to the office where appropriate.
In the first instance we would like to take the opportunity to thank the team involved in implementing the safety guidance from the government; They have re-arranged furniture, given access to IT services and equipment, created welcome back guides for each employee and generally ensured that everyone knows what they need to do to maintain the safest possible environment for all. The changes that have been implemented include, but are not exclusive to;
- Adaptation of the office seating plan with the adoption of “open desks”, “desks out of use” and reserved seating that ensure that a 2m distance can be maintained from colleagues
- Safe walkways have been marked out and a one-way system implemented to ensure minimal paths need to be crossed and to aid the maintaining of a 2m distance
- Hand Sanitising stations have been acquired and placed in areas that are easily accessible throughout the building
- Additional antiviral cleaning products are available for colleagues to use on their own desks
- We have provided staff with access to the JCT600 Group guidelines and policies providing all the necessary information of how to stay safe for every employee returning to work whether this be in the office or home
- We have issued all staff returning to work with “Welcome Back to the Office” guides with additional information, guidance and tips on staying safe in the office
All in all, we are really pleased to be moving forward and using all the innovation and skills we acquired working from home to be able to offer all of our colleagues a flexible working solution throughout these times. Now, with things here most certainly picking up pace, you can watch this space for all kinds of posts relating to day to day fleet management and vehicle leasing needs as well as insight into all the exciting projects we are getting up to behind the scenes here at JCT600 Vehicle Leasing including insights into our market leading platform, Origo.